For anyone who hasn't heard, mom's house definitely sold and she's moving in at the end of August! We're very happy to not have to figure out how to take care of her house, and we're happy she'll be joining us. That just means we have a solid deadline now. It hasn't helped that I've been studying for an exam I have to take this Saturday morning, but at least that will now be over and I can spend my nights helping in the basement instead of memorizing formulas for figuring out how much regular coffee vs. decaf to serve at a morning break if your audience is all men versus all women. My real answer is that's what catering departments are for and why do I have to know this stuff?
Anyway - more pictures to come tomorrow, but Adam is becoming at expert at this wall building stuff. Here is another before and after shot...

Apparently the space under the stairs used to store coal, and Adam found a fair amount of that today as he tearing stuff up. Moving the access to that pantry space allows us to a) put an extra cabinet or two in the kitchen and b) makes it a little easier to actually use the space. Stay tuned for the cable wiring project and installation of electrical outlets inside the pantry to allow us to mount a tv on the wall for mom without having all the cables in the way. Who knew I was marrying such a handy guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment