Friday, August 8, 2008

10 things I will never need to know...

I have to take an exam tomorrow morning for the CMP - Certified Meetings Professional. Bet you didn't even know that existed! I have been studying for the past month or two, mainly trying to memorize various formulas and random trivia. Here are some things I've learned that I can forget after tomorrow's test!

1. When hosting a dinner with wine service, you should have 2 servers per 3 tables if the tables are set in rounds of 10.
2. For formal place settings, the bottom of the silverware should be exactly 1 inch from the edge of the table.
3. A barndoor is a moveable hinged flag used on stage lights to control light spill.
4. Andragogy is a term that teaches us that instruction for adults needs to focus on the process of learning rather than the content.
5. The four defenses to performing a contract are contingencies, impossibility, impracticability and frustration of purpose.
6. There are six levels of learning in the cognitive or knowledge domain - knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
7. There are 128 ounces in a gallon of coffee, or 16 8-oz servings.
8. The proper order for a receiving line is Host-Guest of Honor - Host's Spouse - Guest of Honor's Spouse and you should never end a line with a woman. Apparently.
9. For a morning break at an all-male conference, you should order regular coffee for 60% of them, decaf for 20%, tea for 10% and sodas for 25%.
10. And this one is my favorite - The first step in conducting a needs assessment.... is to decide to complete a needs assesment.

Yay!

No comments: