Sunday, June 15, 2008

Seeing Red

I don't remember when the red obsession began.

When we were kids, mom assigned each of us colors to try to cut down on the things we could fight about (we were also assigned nights to pray and months to sit in the front seat. Funny that who was going to pray was a fighting matter). My color was yellow, and I was not happy about it. I didn't like yellow very much then and always wished I could have switched colors with Nancy since she got red. I always assumed Nancy got red since she had red hair, and I thought I got yellow because of the forsythia bush, which I of course thought was the forcynthia...
But now red is my color, and Adam has willingly joined in on the obsession... from the living room


To the kitchen


to the red mixer and red phone

the dining room
and the guest bedroom

And the next big project - a red front door! Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Linsey said...

love the red and the blog - can't wait to see your life on longfellow in person!!

Anonymous said...

I truly am glad you "trimmed" out in red instead of yellow! Everything looks really nice and I love having the photos to see. Thanks for doing the blog so we can keep up with you all.

Brittany said...

I'm glad you guys joined the blogging bandwagon, I also Love you're red decorations, it looks really great!

Granny Stance said...

Oh, dear, that's a lot of red right?

I think I'm either getting old, or it's just kind of boring that brown and cream are actually my favorite colors now. So, you guys can have all of those colorful colors and I'll just sit over here being neutral.